Lauren's First and Goal is a 501(c)3 charitable organization, a labor of love started in 2004 by John and Marianne Loose in honor of their daughter, Lauren, a pediatric brain tumor survivor. The Loose family started the foundation as a way to help other families who are battling childhood cancer.
Since its inception, LFG has raised more than $2.1 million toward its mission to provide financial support for brain tumor research and cancer services, to offer financial and emotional support to families living with pediatric cancer, and to increase awareness of the disease. These goals are made possible through the funding gained through LFG Football Camp and charitable contributions.
Board of DirectorsLauren's First and Goal Foundation would like to thank its Board of Directors for their kindness and generosity, which is critical to the foundation's success.
- Matt Hachmann, Assistant Football Coach, United States Military Academy
- Charles Henry, Operations Manager (retired), Menasha Corporation
- John Loose, Assistant Football Coach, United States Military Academy
- Marianne Loose, Director, Lauren's First and Goal Foundation, Lauren's mother
- Dawn Comp, Senior Athletic Trainer/Rehabilitation Coordinator, Lafayette College
- John Troxell, Head Football Coach, Franklin and Marshall College
- Pamela Troxell, Director, Lauren's First and Goal Foundation
- Daniel Weiss, President, The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Richard Philips, Senior Vice-President, FTN Financial
- Thomas Atkin, Principal, The Atkin Group, Rear Admiral, Uniited States Coast Guard (Ret.)
Honorary Members of Board of DirectorsA special thank you to these gentlemen for their time, generosity and support of LFG.
- Randy Edsall, Head Coach, University of Connecticut
- Luke Fickell, Head Coach, University of Cincinnati
- Kyle Flood, Assistant Coach, Atlanta Falcons
- James Franklin, Head Coach, Penn State University
- Archie Griffin, President/CEO, The Ohio State University Alumni Association
- Jim Harbaugh, Head Coach, University of Michigan
- John Harbaugh, Head Coach, Baltimore Ravens
- Darrell Hazell, Assistant Coach, Minnesota Vikings
- Urban Meyer, Former Head Coach, The Ohio State University
- Jeff Monken, Head Coach, U.S. Military Academy
- Ken Niumatalolo, Head Coach, U.S. Naval Academy
- Bill O'Brien, Head Coach, Houston Texans
- Paul Pasqualoni, Assistant Coach, Detroit Lions
- Frank Solich, Head Coach, Ohio University
- Jim Tressel, President, Youngstown State University